Google Analytics

Friday, September 24, 2010

Strips Received!


I received my package of 2.5" BRIGHT strips in the mail yesterday. Judi is such a kind hostess and really goes out of her way to accomidate us. (I asked her if I could use UPS and she cheerily obliged) = D Aren't they beautiful? Many of them, especially the bright-colored tonals match the strips I sent in to swap. Not sure what I'm going to do with these strips yet, but I'm thinking a scrappy paper-pieced pattern on black will look fantastic with these beauties!!!!

These are the fabrics I swapped - I was especially proud of myself for finding them.. They were scattered all across the store at Quilts by Phyllis - when I brought the bolts to hte counter, I noticed that most of them were from the same line. HAHA Wonder why they were all in different sections?! They are definately bright!! Love the little kitten fabrics - and obviously alot of people did because there was only a bit left on the bolt.
Next swap is a 4Patch scrappy swap made from 2" fabric strips to equal 3.5" squares. I plan to use these 4 patches in an irish chain with the solid blocks being my signature squares from my wedding. This has been on my TODO list since our marriage (July 4th 2009.)
To join in the fun go to Quiltville Swappers on Yahoo.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Katie. just read the messages at quiltvilleswap and saw that it was changed to 2" strips. you were right and I was wrong. good thing I haven't started yet. lol

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete