Google Analytics

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mark's T-shirt Quilt

A1FrontFull
First I would like to just say again, how wonderful it was to work with the Andersons. Mark's wife Kristen is such a sweetheart and is so awesome to coordinate all these quilts (made by yours truly) for the family. It's been so nice reconnecting and the projects are always so unique and fun!
A little about Mark Anderson: Mark and I were dance partners in high school show choir, and we went to senior prom together. I told him: Please please please go to prom with me Mark?!?! You'll look so great in the photos. . you have STYLE and CLASS.. and heck, I already know you can dance! =cD

When I opened the box of T-shirts that Kristen gave me, it was like a trip down memory lane. He had our old Show Choir shirt. . a shirt from our senior school play. . our Senior class of 99 signature t-shirt. I had all these shirts at one time!! Who is eating all of my sentimental shirts?!?! Since I no longer have any of these shirts, I loved getting to piece them together, quilt them, and generally breathe new life into these now, 10+? year-old tees ;c)

Here's the back:
Backfull

Some closeups of the front:
Pebbles!. . on the yellow areas . . .
A1

A2
A3
A4
Heart stitch in the RED areas -
A5
In the white/grey areas I stippled:
A6
For the purple areas I did a checkerboard stitch:
A7
Except for this little purple area here. . in which I did my signature feather:
A8
I always give every t-shirt quilt ONE feather in a small block. =cD
The TEAL areas I did my melty teardrop/clamshell/paisley. . whatever you call it stitch:
A9
Closeup of checkerboard and paisleys:
B1

I want to show you some front/back shots. . . see this block?
B2
Look how different it looks on the back. . . same block:
B2b
I incorporated Mark and Kristen's names in the quilt. I like to think of this as a sort of "secret message". . because you can't see it at first. . only upon closer inspection ;c)
B3
Here's the back of that:
B3b
Do you see where it says "Kristen?"
B4
Shows up a little better on the back:
B5b
This is the back of the teal shirt block that had the music staff:
B6
This is the back of the "Mark and Kristen Myrtle Beach" block:
B7
Back of "hearts" stitch:
B8
This pic features all the different stitches including the little feather:
B9
Closeup of my feather. . awww. . isn't it the cutest thing? I just LOVE my feathers!!
C1


No comments:

Post a Comment