Google Analytics

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Puppy Baby Quilt

My Sister came up with the idea for this quilt.  She liked the MONKEY and OWL Quilts, but wanted one with a puppy theme.  Jamie is all into bassett hounds, and I TRIED to draw/or FIND a bassett hound drawing to copy.  but no luck.   I ended up drawing this little gal, who was inspired by several OTHER photos.  I'm not exactly sure what breed she is.   What do you think?  ;c) 


Finished Puppy Baby Quilt, for one of my sisters BFFs Jamie Jeffrey, who is about to have a baby girl!



My favorite part of this quilt was the quilting on the log.   My sister thought it would be a cute idea to have the puppy sitting on a log.  I cut out the shape, with brown fabric, and it definitely needed SOMETHING.   So I quilted the log in this woodgrain texture.  It added SO MUCH to the log itself, and the overall quilt.

Here's a photo of the BACK of the quilt, featuring the woodgrain quilting:

 For this quilt, I did the same format as the Owl and Monkey quilts.  I used Colored blocks quilted with feathers, and a white McTavishing background.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - you made this? You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet quilt! Your quilting is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete